Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Thank you to Keisha Demps for being our Guest Speaker at Career Cafe!

Our last Career Cafe at Centennial Campus Middle School featured Keisha Demps, Partnership Developer at Centennial Campus at NC State University! Keisha shared this about her background...

  I am from Northern California and graduated from the University of Arizona in 1998 with a BA in Communications.  In HS I played Basketball, Volleyball and competed in Track and Field.  In 2016 I was inducted into the Sports Hall of Fame for Contra Costa Co. for Best All Around Female Athlete.  I received a scholarship for Basketball and Volleyball, later continued playing professionally for two years.  During that time I was blessed to have been able to train with the US National Volleyball team.  I coached at the collegiate lever for 10 years before retiring in 2010.

So Ms. Demps shared with our student athletes in 8th grade about her experiences and they were able to ask her questions.  Thank you for sharing your wealth of experience with our students! 




No comments:

Post a Comment